Xerox Versant 180 vs KM AccurioPress 2060

Hi all,

I'm in a progress of making a tough decision between the two machines above. I'm going to listen to our production manager when making a choice. He knows KM machines throughout and has little experience with xerox. That is not to say that he will pick KM machine - he is opened to change. We did run some tests on both machines and we identified below. Click price is pretty much same for both machines.

KM machine:
  • Colours slightly more vibrant, solids look better - therefore - print quality slightly better
  • Facility to print longer banner (1300mm)
  • Duplexing heavier stock (350gsm)
Xerox machine:
  • Better service (most of parts consumer replaceable minimising downtime)
  • No static problems
  • Better price (5k of a difference)
  • Bit faster
  • Better click structure (lower price for A4, 660mm banner is 1.5xclick etc as oppose to double click charge from KM)
At the moment we are still debating with my production manager.

Is there anything that I missed?

Could people using machines above say couple of words in relation to reliability, service, quality etc?

Thank you for any feedback.

EDIT: Both machines will be in basic configuration. We have off-line finishers so finishing options are not important. Same applies to Fiery - both machines come with embedded cheapest option. We are going to use it in a typical small digital print shop.

Last edited:
Note that you may configure the C2060 for long-sheet/banner printing OR for 350gsm, but not both at the same time. There are two mutually exclusive paper feed units (LU-202XL for the banners, PF-707 required for 350gsm).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back