dye sub printer

hi can anyone tell me why should i buy a dye sub printer as oposed to a uv ink printer or a eco solvent printer ?

I think you need to give us some more background on what you are tyring to achieve. and what you mean by a dye sub printer.

Dye Sub Printer are usually very small format and used for things like photography, and typically use rolls of film of each colour rather than ink

But you also get get Large format Plotter or standard modified inkjets which can be used for dye sublimation. where the printer prints with dye sub ink on to transfer paper which can then be used on a heat press to do the dye sublimation process process on to the object where you want the image.

As to what is is best it depends what you are going to be working on, for printing on cloth there are far better solutions which use textile inks. If you planning on printing on odd shapped items like coffee mugs, dye sub is the way to go. If your planning on printing on standard banners for short life banners then Eco Solvent is probably best

Dye Sub inks and Pigment Sub inks are water based inks and used for printing high quality indoor outputs.
Dye has slightly wider color space than pigment inks but they dont resist the heat and sun light as much as the pigment ink does.

many vendors have switched from dye to pigment due to that reason. like Epson, Canon, HP and so on.
Dye ink printers used now for CAD/GIS printers only but for fine art, P4P, Photography and so on all the current vendors use Pigment inks.

I don't know if this will help in answering your question, however, if you do persue Dye Sublimation and require the paper- we manufacture and coat our Dye sublimation in the US. We are a US manufacturer, and specialize in Dye Substrates. We are SpectraJet and can be reached at 847-669-9094. Feel free to ask for Guy Spinelli.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back