Are Mimaki Eco Solvent Printers Any Good??

gazfocus

Just a bit of a rant really. I have two CJV150's which I bought used for printing stickers. I cannot for the life of me get a solid colour without some form of 'diffusion'. So, my question is are Mimaki Eco Solvent printers just terrible quality in general (at least the CJV150's) or is it likely that the two specific machines I've bought need some major work?

* I should say, I bought both machines off two different companies and at different times. One prints better than the other. The worse one is unusable really.

Photos attached to show how the worst of the two is printing compared to the better one.

IMG_95702.jpgIMG_9570.JPG

No, mimakis are very capable machines so should be able to produce perfect solids.

Are you running both off the same rip? Or seperate rips.

No, mimakis are very capable machines so should be able to produce perfect solids.

Are you running both off the same rip? Or seperate rips.
Both are running off the same Rasterlink pc.

I wish I could experience the mimakis being ‘very capable’.

I'm no expert on wide format but I'd be looking at the profile being the problem, if same rip I'm assuming same profile on both machines. Have you tried a different stock and profile?

I use an Epson ecosolvent and I've seen output like that. Reducing the platen gap eliminated it. signs101.com is a more wide format focused forum than this one.

Other troubleshooting to get more saturated color:
-profile the media
-run more passes
-look for ink limits and curves in the RIP that may be impacting your job
-be sure that the media is solvent compatible. Non-solvent compatible media may run, but with reduced quality.

To eliminate profile issues run the print again without any colour correction.
As others have said, check head height and nozzle function.

We had a CJV a while back and that thing kicked butt. We decided to go UV but I am pretty impressed with the output and durability of the 2 Mamakis we have now.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back