eccentric bars on a Goss community

i have replace a few of these and the bushing anyone know of a easy way to get the gear side ones out with out climbing in the unit and taking a cold chisle to them ? i made tools to put both in easily witch i would gladly share pics of if anyone is interested

This brings back memories of the old days! This won't help answer your question but did make me remember the beginnings of my printing career on Goss Community 4-high machines. Anything you did on the gearside got you covered in oil. That 2 year stint taught me a lot about printing & machinery but convinced me early on to move on to other parts of the industry.

Perhaps you could fabricate a shaft to hold the cold chisel so that you could get to the bushing from the operator side of the press?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back