ECRM - film processing question

agrant1012

Hi,
I have an ECRM scriptsetter and film processor. I am seeing a difference in image line weight from "old" film to recently processed film. I have done all kinds of density tests, speed changes, change chemicals and cleaning etc but the image is still loosing line weight. Our work around has been to add a stroke to the art. Could it be the imagesetter and not the processing at all?
Any help is MUCH appreciated.
~ag :confused:

have you tested for some problems in RIP?
It seems an interpretation problem or chem problem, perhaps develop too aggressive... but you said that cleaned out the processor and changed the chemicals (are these chemicals right for the new film?)

have you tested for some problems in RIP?
It seems an interpretation problem or chem problem, perhaps develop too aggressive... but you said that cleaned out the processor and changed the chemicals (are these chemicals right for the new film?)

No I have not tested the rip, would a test print pattern do the trick?
As for chemicals we switched a while ago from mixing our chemicals to having them arrive already mixed. Could that be the culprit?

Thank you for any advice!
~ag

I noticed that you have done density checks and I would assume that you have run your calibration . . . density is one thing but calibration is the big issue . . . just my 2 cents . . . :)

A few more questions,
1. Is the recently processed film the same type/brand as used before ?
2. Are you aware of the 0xx-1xx-2xx density control scheme ?
3. What exposure setting do you have now ? Fiddling with processor settings is a waste of time make sure you use the developer type, dilution, temperature and machine speed described by the film manufacturer.
4. Do you use water recirc on the vastech machine ?
5. Does the grid test pattern look ok ?

What is the brand and name of the film and chemistry. What was your density on the test strip and the leader of the film. What is your rip and version.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back