EDDM with scratch offs and penny affixed

donsaction

I have a customer wanting to an EEDM card, 6.5 x 9, with 3 scratch off spots and a penny affixed about the middle of the card. I have a tabber to do the scratch offs but have no experience in attaching a penny to the card. 70,000 to 90,000 quantity.
Does anyone have any experience with something like this, or ideas

Better check with USPS?
May not matter if EDDM (Every Door Direct Mail) does NOT go through automated machinery.

USPS is telling us it can go but with an extra charge for varying thickness.
Yep, that is a lot of pennies! I'm wondering with coin shortage if that will be an issue, too. But the customer is handling that.

So far glue dots plus a lot of hand work is seeming to our best option.

So far glue dots plus a lot of hand work is seeming to our best option.
I'm sure there are machines to fully automate the process that would be worth investing in if this becomes a core part of your business. But for a one-off job like this, I think you're right with the hand work. U-line sells both an automated glue dot machine that seems like a low cost investment (seen in this video), and a hand-held glue-dot gun. Both are available at this link.

How about printing a 3d penny sticker on thick cardboard then attaching it, or would it be cheaper to get the penny these days :LOL:

It did. We ended up running about 35,000, instead of the original 90,000, and using glue dots to affix the pennies by hand. A lot of hand work, but it went out.
If we do it again, I have seen a couple of places online that say can automate it though.

Awesome!

Love to read/hear about off-mainstream jobs that takes some ingenuity to figure out how to accomplish!

Good Job!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back