EFI Impose/Compose...

kdw75

Running 5x7 postcards I am always shocked that there isn't a way to run fit 5up on a 12.5x19 sheet, since Fiery Impose won't let you gangup with one rotated. Seems like a basic thing they would offer.

Running 5x7 postcards I am always shocked that there isn't a way to run fit 5up on a 12.5x19 sheet, since Fiery Impose won't let you gangup with one rotated. Seems like a basic thing they would offer.
I talked to Xerox/EFI about the ability to do Dutch cut Impose templates about five years ago and they basically just laughed me off.

Hi KDW, Most Ultimate Impostrip versions will do mixed portrait/lanscape (Dutch cut) impositions, automatically. Contact me directly if you would like to see a live demo. raymond @ imposition. com

I've been asked about this before over the years. Basically, I think that it's not so much a matter of engineering the feature as it is for the OEM (Xerox, KM, Ricoh etc.) being willing to pay for it. You might go to communities.efi.com and making the request there because EFI does moderate the site.

Hah, raymond comes out of the woodwork :) Nice to see a vendor willing to answer questions on here and not dodge pricing.

Quite has been quite helpful (pun intended) to me for about a dozen years now. Quick, easy to use, very responsive support and NOT a subscription. Each version has gotten me a number of years of use. At $900 now, see if it's worth it to you.

I would suggest you to have a look at Xerox Freeflow Core 6.2 for any complex imposition requirements… it does auto impose with rotation on any stock size automatically.
You can download 45 days trial later you decide to purchase.

Montax Imposer is quite a bit less expensive than the other products listed above at $295 for full featured imposition. They have add-ons for hot folders, VDP, etc.

Quite has been quite helpful (pun intended) to me for about a dozen years now. Quick, easy to use, very responsive support and NOT a subscription. Each version has gotten me a number of years of use. At $900 now, see if it's worth it to you.
Yup it’s the go to for me when fiery is limited as kdw says.

Check out Tilia Labs product, tilia Phoenix, we have developed the smartest imposition solution for dynamic n-up ganging 👌 www.tilialabs.com

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back