Enfocus FullSwitch Help!!!!

Phish

Hi all,

I recently found out the company i work for purchased the Enfocus FullSwitch workflow system some time back, before i started working there, unfortunately no one knows how to work this program.

I have looked on youtube and the Enfocus website however it seems that you need to have some sort of idea of how to use the program in order to follow the video's, i have tried watching them and tried taking in as much information onboard however i am so lost.

I was hoping there maybe some basic tutorials on how to use this program and to see if it is what we are looking for as a business, what it is actually useful for? What purpose would it be in a pre press studio?

I understand these questions may seem illogical or baffling, i am trying to figure out why someone brought this for our department in the first place and how to implement this program in our studio. Does it help with Trapping?

At the minute, we receive customers artwork, wether it be via Illustrator files, Indesign files, PDFs etc then we have to manually put our trapping/overprinting onto it, convert 4 colour blacks into 100% blacks etc, would this program sort all these things out for us?

Many thanks for your time

Phil.

Hi Phil

You found a real gem, although if it is Full Switch it needs an upgrade. I have been implementing Switch workflows for many years, and it has the potential to significantly streamline and automate your plant workflow. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have..

dave

Hi Phil
You're certainly in good hands with David Zwang; he has comprehensive knowledge of Switch and all Enfocus products. If you wish, please feel free to reach out to me as well. 215.247.3461
Alex Hamilton
Director of Business Development
Enfocus

Hi all,

I recently found out the company i work for purchased the Enfocus FullSwitch workflow system some time back, before i started working there, unfortunately no one knows how to work this program.

I have looked on youtube and the Enfocus website however it seems that you need to have some sort of idea of how to use the program in order to follow the video's, i have tried watching them and tried taking in as much information onboard however i am so lost.

I was hoping there maybe some basic tutorials on how to use this program and to see if it is what we are looking for as a business, what it is actually useful for? What purpose would it be in a pre press studio?

I understand these questions may seem illogical or baffling, i am trying to figure out why someone brought this for our department in the first place and how to implement this program in our studio. Does it help with Trapping?

At the minute, we receive customers artwork, wether it be via Illustrator files, Indesign files, PDFs etc then we have to manually put our trapping/overprinting onto it, convert 4 colour blacks into 100% blacks etc, would this program sort all these things out for us?

Many thanks for your time

Phil.

Hi Phil

You found a real gem, although if it is Full Switch it needs an upgrade. I have been implementing Switch workflows for many years, and it has the potential to significantly streamline and automate your plant workflow. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have..

dave

Hi Dave,

Many thanks for your reply, so you think i have found a real gem, i am yet to decide this as i have no idea of what this program can actually do.

I take it then, the Full Switch program is out of date? To upgrade it will cost my company money? What exactly does it do, i have never heard of this software at all, i have looked on Youtube and watched a few video's however i am still undecided wether this product will actually help in my studio.

Is it meant to be a workflow for the entire factory or is it just, lets say a studio where we do pre press? I find the website, describing the product, not very helpful in making me understand what this program actually does.

I have been told we will need to have other apps or programs to utilizes this workflow?

So go for it, lets see if you can make me understand what this Full Switch is all about, you seem to be the man according to Alex Hamilton, take it he is your boss?

Many thanks again.

Phil.

Hi Phil

Did I see in a previous thread somewhere that you are based in the UK, if so then it might be good to put you in touch with a local contact to help.

Alex and I both work for Enfocus who develop both Switch and PitStop so we are happy to help in any way we can.

The idea behind Switch is to automate repetitive tasks to free up people to do things that actually add value for your company. There are a lot of case studies and other information that might give you inspiration on our website Enfocus - Solutions for PDF productivity and workflow automation

I saw some of your other posts on Printplanet regarding workflow, so I think there is a lot of potential that can be unlocked. The best thing is probably for someone to contact you and talk to you about your company, your workflow and current issues/bottlenecks, and then advise you on how Switch could help.

You don't necessarily have to add any other apps or programs or even upgrade what you have now to start getting benefit, it all depends on what you want to do.

Hope this helps

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back