Enfocus Lightswitch and.....?

Keith

...anything else? Are there other products that can download files from email and ftp. I am trying to add some automation as I am a 1 man shop. Which means $1000 for Lightswitch is out of budget. I am also looking at PDF editors and Imposition software and there are choices out there (I am considering Pitstop, Quite, Callas, PDF Snake, and OneVision) but I can't find any options for what Lightswitch can do. Don't need anything fancy or heavy duty, even a home-brewed solution would work as I have a part-timer that can do programming.

How is everybody else handling customer files that are emailed and uploaded? My current website does notify me by email and then I go to my server and download the file. I put it in a prepress folder so I can preflight it later. I'd like to be able to drop it in a hot folder to do that (preflight) for me, so I guess I may not even need something like Lightswitch considering my low, low volume (less than a dozen files per day).

Any advice is appreciated as a lot of my customers are turning to me for rush orders. With prepress such a bottle-neck (as I know it is for a lot of shops) I want to make it easier and more efficient for myself.

Keith

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back