Entry level printer - small print company

fiekyville

Hey guys
im very new to this forum and to the printing industry. we are a very small printing company that want to spesialize in printing Flyers, brochures and business cards.

Im looking for a laser printer with a duty cycle of +-10000 pager pm, handle 300gsm (for b/cards) and provide quality color.

Ive research alot of websites eg: epson, canon,hp, xerox etc.... and some of them had bad reviews.

Please help me in deciding which one to start out with?

Thank you in advance
Fiekyville

anyone ???

I know this forum is more for the big printing companies, but im sure there's someone on this forum that started out just like us.

any help will be much appreciated.

Regards
Fiekyville

I don't know if I speak for anyone else, but this forum isn't just for big printing companies. Your post looked rather new and sometimes it takes time for people to respond. Also, this question has been asked a lot. I just responded to the same question on another thread a couple of minutes ago! You can easily browse the forum and learn alot without even asking a question. I do it all the time!
First of all; don't let bad reviews influence you. ALL machines have bad reviews. Try buying an issue of Better Buys for Business. They are an independent testing laboratory. I relied on them when I was shopping for a new printer several months ago. Here is their website- Better Buys for Business: Buyer's Guides for Copiers, Printers, Fax Machines, Scanners and More

When you were at the manufacturers websites did you look at the specs? Other than 10,000 a month and 300gsm, what else are you looking for?

Hi Keith,
Thanks for you reply. i did try searching up old posts with the same question, but didnt found what i was looking for, I found mainly posts with question about big machines (mayb i didnt look properly).

Basically I need advise too, in purchasing a new machine.
I also looking at quality as im going to print 90% in full color. i'll do with A4 for now, as most of my orders are not bigger then A4. speed and noise is not a major issue.

I came accross the Epson Aculaser C1100 now recently. I know every machine has bad reviews but im scared of making mistakes other did.

Thank you
Fiekyville

start by looking at the 3 best players in this arena : Xerox, Konica Minolta, Canon.

The Xerox DocuColor 252 is very good for start up.

you'll find good and bad reviews from all of them. Just remember that purchasing a machine is not just about price and click charges, local technical support, experience, financing, upgradeability, etc are key factors too.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back