envelopes on Ricoh 7110

Are you using the manual bypass or is there an attachment to feed them from the high cap drawer?

What settings are you guys using to get #10 envelopes to feed from the vacuum drawers? I have tried everything since we got the machine and never can get smaller envelopes to feed right, 6x9's and catalog envelopes feed ok.

Well I guess you can chalk that up to a Con on these 7110's, won't feed #10's and barely does 6x9.5's. It does feed catalog 9x12's decent.

@msaeger you have any suggestions?

Hi ShawnD

With the vacuum feed trays the best method to feed #10's is flap open , with the bottom of the envelope fed as your lead edge . If you create a paper catalogue for a flap open envelope with a custom page size of 9.5x5.5 long edge feed , you will get good results , and good news is if you want to print on the flap, it can all be done in a single pass...... Yes you need to open and close the flaps, but most experienced press folks can whip them open and closed in short order, and most jobs are short run .... hope that helps . Maybe other point is you may need to design a file that is also 9.5 x 5.5 ( the dimensions with the flap open ) ... or I think you can use image shift and/ or rotate 180 to get a 4.125 x 9.5 file to print correctly....

Other good news on the 7100, if you do run envelopes, sometimes you will get fuser etching.... just run the Fuser Smoothing option after your envelopes and your fuser will be pristine again if you run a 13x19 poster as your next job...

If you go into the Master Paper Library, there are some generic envelope settings for various Gsm weights...... pick one, then modify for your size of choice. The envelope settings are typically optimized to reduce fuser roller pressures to eliminate creasing , etc....
Good luck ... also remember to run them face up ideally.... in your Fiery print properties, Finishing Settings ....Face Up Normal Order...

Cheers ....
Steve

Last edited:
I have a new to me Ricoh C901 with the Fiery FS-100, LCIT, buffer pass and the SR5020 booklet maker. I have not tried envelopes yet but I am very happy with the machine so far. The speed and quality is exceptionally good and it may allow us to phase out our offsets if we can do envelopes on them. I am aware of the digi windows that don't melt in the fuser so if the regular #10s will feed with the flap closed then I may order the digi windows. Opening and closing the flaps is not productive so if that is required then it will be a flat sheet only press. But after watching the video of the c7100x in the link above printing envelopes with the flap closed I have to give it a try.

Looks like envelopes on my c901 are a no go. The only way to load a #10 is in trays 3 or 4 with the flap open feeding from the bottom of the envelope. The paper guides won't go small enough any other way. But on the screen of the print engine under paper settings it has an envelope setting but when I click on size there is no settings for any envelope sizes and in custom size the smallest I can set it for is 5.5x7.17. Why would they have an envelope setting but not allow the guides or settings to accommodate a #10?

We run them occasionally on our 7110SX. I prefer not to since I can outsource them much cheaper but it is great for the few hundred quantities. We also have to run fuser belt smoothing in User Tools every few hundred so it doesn't leave lines later on larger prints. As I discovered, simply selecting envelope on paper catalog isn't enough. I have to turn off double detect and skew detection for the tray I'm using, which is generally tray 3 since it is on top. Dan on Just a Printer youtube runs his No. 10's long ways so you don't have to open flaps. But he also orders digital envelopes, regular and window. It seems they may lay flatter.

Yes I have seen his videos, very impressed with his setup of KM's. I was actively looking to buy a KM or two after watching his channel but the Ricoh deal fell in my lap at a price I couldn't say no to.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back