Epson 7600 Drops first sheet every time. I think I'm going to die...

BryanB

We have an Epson 7600 that used to behave quite well. Until recently, when you load a flat sheet (not from roll) and you print to it, it will run a blank sheet through, and tell you the paper is out. The next sheet will start to print what you wanted in the first place. But you have to go through the loading of the "Ghost" sheet each time you spool something to print.

Anyone have an idea how to get this back to normal??

It runs off a Heidelberg Prinect System/Signa.

Thanx.

I used to have this same problem running cut sheets through an Epson 10000. I discovered that there was some variance in the sheet size we were running through it. In the RIP that drives the printer, I made the sheet size a tad bit smaller and that fixed it for good.

We have the same issue here.

To get around it we press and hold the reset button first and then the eject page.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back