Epson 9600 Not Printing Y

Ok, I have an Epson 9600, I know it's got a few years on it, but it is all I have. For whatever reason though the Yellow cartridge refuses to dispense ink. I have replaced the cartridge, cleaned the heads, and tried different files, but the yellow is not printing at all.
I've searched online and tried to find answers, but it is just seemingly stubborn. I have two of them and one is printing just fine, but this second one is totally refusing to throw yellow.

Any ideas would be helpful. Productivity is starting to take a hit in a big way.

I would try flushing out, or better yet, replacing the damper. If that doesn't work, I would flush out the ink line from the cartridge to the damper.

Be careful of aftermarket dampers. I have a couple of 7800's and keep a couple of original Epson parts on hand. They are inexpensive when not in a hurry and worth to have as a back up. I replaced with cheapies in a rush and wasted more time than it was worth.
If you have the syringe to push the ink through the line but are not getting it from the cartridge to the head, sounds like the damper.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back