Epson 9800 not powering up after head clean

DMP

Hello Everyone,

After having continuous problems with the head of my 9800 I stripped it out and gave it a deep clean as ammonia based cleaners were not unblocking the head. It was a last resort but not the first time I have done this. Head removed and everything cleaned. The whole thing was re assembled but upon turning it on at the power it is not powering up at all? I know the power outlet is working fine as there is a very low volume high pitch sound when the power is turned on. Also the lights on the control panel blink upon pressing the power switch. Nothing is displaying in the control panel, the head or anything else is not moving or doing anything! It is basically dead?

Where would be a good start to look at this problem? I have taken a look at the service manual's but to no avail they list more about what to do when there is an error message but I have nothing at all to go by?

Any suggestions of what I may have overlooked during the head removal? It is also possible that I have knocked something when removing the side panel but I was very careful...

Thank you for any help,

Reseat flat ribbon cable on control panel,it might have been partially dislodged when refitting cover
Hello Everyone,

After having continuous problems with the head of my 9800 I stripped it out and gave it a deep clean as ammonia based cleaners were not unblocking the head. It was a last resort but not the first time I have done this. Head removed and everything cleaned. The whole thing was re assembled but upon turning it on at the power it is not powering up at all? I know the power outlet is working fine as there is a very low volume high pitch sound when the power is turned on. Also the lights on the control panel blink upon pressing the power switch. Nothing is displaying in the control panel, the head or anything else is not moving or doing anything! It is basically dead?

Where would be a good start to look at this problem? I have taken a look at the service manual's but to no avail they list more about what to do when there is an error message but I have nothing at all to go by?

Any suggestions of what I may have overlooked during the head removal? It is also possible that I have knocked something when removing the side panel but I was very careful...

Thank you for any help,

Hi,
I have taken the end cap off and checked it. The cable is in place as it should be with no problem. Perhaps it could be the other end where the cable joins the head? Would this cause such a problem as what I am experiencing? If anyone has any ideas it would be handy because if this is a possibility I will take the head out again and have a look to see if the problem is here.

Thank you for your help.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back