Epson 9890 Wiper Blade Cleaning

StuartW

Hi there I downloaded the service manual, am looking for a easy way to clean the wiper blade and what ever else that will help with keeping the head clean besides the heading cleaning waste of ink lol. Looking at the manual i need to pull the printer apart to get to it. All help appreciated

There isn't really an easy way :) just the regular more-you-do-it-the-quicker-it-gets method.
I've found that besides cleaning the blade, if I clean the pad on the left (which is NOT the cleaning pad), spray with Windex, and pat dry, I can clean up almost any banding problems in a quick hurry.

Although if you're not running it pretty frequently, you're going to get clogged nozzles and need to clean it.

Thanks for that, I am cleaning the caps and the blade, The manual says take off covers when in sevice mode is easier to go through the front cover. Also I found a tip for helping in low Humidity is to have a tray with wet sponges in it will keep up the humidity, which will dry out the head, this is working for me.

About as easy as it gets.
Takes 5 minutes total.
Go into service mode select wiper exchange.
Head moves to the left.
Pinch the wiper and take it out to clean.
Go to Luminous Landscape printing forum and look up Eric's thread on the 7900. He made a video showing the simple process.
No need to take anything apart!

Hi danberg, I tried to find the video you spoke of on the Luminous website but was unable to find it. Can you provide a link to the video?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back