Epson 9900 High Res color Proofing HELP and knowledge

I am considering a n Epson 9900 for Color Proofing.
Im concerned about doing 2 sided imposition proofs

If anyone has any experience, knowledge or input or even a recommendation
I would appreciate it

Thanks in advance

We are a 40" full color commercial printer.
Will be upgrading to prinergy and also print alot of pms color jobs too

I glue my Epson proofs together with Pritt stick glue. There are duplexing options but the proofing paper we use is one sided so it can't be printed on both sides.

Well, it makes very nice prints. The 9900 has the HDR inkset which can make more pms colors than the 9800, that being said, some people i know say that the 9800 is all they need. The benefit of the 9800 is that there is less ink to buy and the machine is a bit cheaper.

Now then, I don't know much about printing double sided on these types of wide format machines, but I would want to know if i could get it to register front to back, that would be important. Also, i would be looking at my limited options when it comes to double sided inkjet rolls.

I have had a 9900 for a bit over 2 years now. You might want to consider the inline spectrometer, pricey, but it might be beneficial for a proofing machine. And one more thing, obviously make sure your software is compatible. That is all.

When I make double sided prints, I make sure I select center job on media horizontally before printing on each side.
This will make registration easier. I've found that for a content proof, the 9900 does an OK job when printing on both sides on plain paper.
If you want quality proofs, you'll need precut media made for that purpose.

Regards

Alvaro

There are ofcourse double sided solutions, which will spare you the trouble of gluing and manually inserting sheets. Have a look at the website Flashlight Digital - Welcome . They have solutions for both Epson and Canon machines.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back