Epson Media Profiles in efi Fiery RIP

I am running a large format Epson printer - 9900. I have been creating my own media profiles using Gretagmacbeth iccolor and profile maker, but someone has asked me to try an Epson profile just downloaded from Epson. My question is; can I load media profiles into the rip, and use these instead of using the ones I have created and connected to the workflows. I am using efi fiery rip. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.:rolleyes:

Caveat: We are the largest EFI XF distributor and also have our own inkjet paper line (converted in our own factory). All users of our paper are eligible for tech support directly from us. (Chromaticity)

The EPL and ICC media profile for the EFI XF RIP are very specific to printer/ink/settings and media. Often the profiles provided for download are not specific to the RIP and workflow you are attempting to use in production. Even if they are built for EFI specifically, the profiles built by printer manufactures are often not very good.

The profiles and EPL file built for the Validation media and available on-line are the rare exception. Often we find that Validation media users simply load the files and re-line the printer to get great results. This could be due to the quality of the media, but we would like to believe that the expertise of 12 years teaching people to build profile with EFI is a big help too.

Chromaticity | Downloads - ICC Profiles

The profiles you can download from Epson's website are for the Epson driver only. They are not built on top of a base linearization like in EFI so they would not work in the RIP only the driver workflow. Now, if you were talking about the Epson Proofing Edition then those downloads would come with base lin's and profiles and would work fine. You would only be able to download them for Epson media's though.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back