Epson Sure Color P7000 nozzles out of register

Snowhugger

I have an Epson Sure Color P7000 printer.

We don't run it a lot but I do nozzle checks almost daily. It is a gently used machine. A few days ago the nozzle check looked like the nozzles were out of register. See attached image. Does this look familiar to anyone?

What type of problem am I looking at? Additional image shows black type on a white background, but ghosted type is all over the place.

I tried print head alignment in the maintenence menu but it does not seem to change anything. Is my print head shot?

Any advice would be welcome! Thank you!

IMG_3150.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3151.JPG
    IMG_3151.JPG
    622.4 KB · Views: 59
That image shows a ton of mis-registration. I would try doing an AUTO head alignment as well as a feed alignment.

Here's a link to the Service Manual. Perhaps it can help you more than the User's manual can.
Hi Atoledo I'm just getting around this. The link you sent is gone but I did get a response from Epson, the referred me to the users manual.

EPSON: We would advise to do a print head alignment. Please refer to page 165 in the user guide:
This is for the SC-P7000.

This worked for me. Under step 7 I used the fourth bullet point. Bi-D #1 thru #4. Proofs are in register now!

Thank you for the reply! I would like to get that service manual for future reference. SH

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back