Epson vs plates - harlequin rip

Bansheei

Hi there guys,

I have a very unusual case (well one i have never seen before anyway)...

We are using Harlequin 7.1r1 Genesis Release (Rasterise IT) and we send proofs to our 7800 A2 Epson and plates (1BIT TIFS) to Escher Grad Cobalt.
For the last 2years proofs and plates match because they are both being Ripped through the same RIP.

Today we had a file that proofed with stitching lines, (normally this will tell us, it will also image on the plates...) But we roamed this in the HQ and also did a black plate test and to my surprise the stitching did not appear on the plate.

How is this possible? And if it is possible, is this a common thing that prepress is experiencing?

Any response is appreciated.

Last edited:
Rasterize it from Polkadots? Did you by chance assign the stitching to a color and forget to activate it (happened to me once)

I think that your problem here is the resolution. As a part of a RIP (Raster Interpreter and Print) two different drivers will interpret in the same way. But the Raster and Printing will be very different. The output resolution for your epson is 720 dpi or 1440 dpi and the lines that you are talking about are been output in 2540 dpi in a biggest resolution in the 1 bit tiff. it give you the possible to get a better result on the 1 bit tiff. So the different output resolution will case your problem I think.

Solution: Use the 1 bit Tiff to make proofing in you plotter. That will give you 100% of control and see problem in the 1 bit tiff files. Also give you the possibility or make screening and dot in your proofing.

Regards

Lucas Calvo
COMPOSE SYSTEM LIMITED

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back