Error 11-05, Printmaster 46-2, please help

Massy

PROBLEM IS SOLVED :)

Updated with a link to a video

(Apologies for the shaky video!)

The gauge needle stops at about 5mm away from the green area and it does not go any further.

Air is escaping from the black cap which is screwed on top of the gauge with pin holes all around it. It only happens when the needle is about 5mm from the green area and the air stops escaping when it's below that point.

Compressor is always on.

Removed covers and checked all pistons, no air leak detected. Although there was a lot of moisture on the compressor gauge, when I unscrewed the bottom bit there was actually water running down.

Is it a problem with the gauge itself or is there an air leak somewhere we couldn’t find?

We just can’t figure out what the problem is.

Any help will be appreciated.

Many thanks

Last edited:
If your compressor is always running, then you have a leak. It sounds like the leak is at the gauge. Water running out when you bleed the system is not a good sign. One of the short stroke pistons may have a small leak that is not visible. What does the manual say the error 11-05 is that is causing the problem.

Thank you for the reply
The manual says it's the pressure switch for pneumatic system S24. Not sure about this one!

If there is a small leak then the gauge needle will not stay still in one position even after turning the machine off. Also the air starts escaping from the cap of the gauge only when the needle reaches just before the green area?

If there is any malfunction on the S24 & S24 switches then the compressor would either shut down or don't start at all.

There is no more sign of moisture on the system, the air is all dry after draining the tank few times.

Any more suggestions please?

PROBLEM IS NOW SOLVED!

The issue was on the gauge itself. It's the safety valve which was blocked because of dirt building up inside. That explains the air escaping from the top of the gauge. The spring which turns on & off the safety valve was stuck in one position.
We had to open it all up and clean the inside bits. It was full of lime scale and dirt after so many years of use.

I have attached pictures for the procedure, hopefully this will help somebody out there.

All the best and thank you all for your help.

STEP 1.jpg Tools.jpg STEP 2.jpg

Attachments

• image_5410.jpg
    image_5410.jpg
    428.8 KB · Views: 365
  • image_5411.jpg
    image_5411.jpg
    514.7 KB · Views: 363
  • image_5412.jpg
    image_5412.jpg
    633.6 KB · Views: 393
Well done sir. Congratulations on resolving the issue. Who finally nailed the problem? I know that these units should be constantly monitored and drained. I have heard of operators opening the valve as part of shut down procedures daily. The constant air escaping when you fire the press up in the morning will serve as a reminder to close the valve. This is a similar situation that should performed on the SM52 to get the Dampening system to release the metering roller from the pan roller. I believe that if you do it on a consistent basis the valve can be released with just your fingers. I commend you on the rag with channel locks approach.:)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back