Error code E21141 on Screen DTR2035

elmartin4

E31141 or E21141 error apears when I trying execute FEEDING command.

Looking for E21141 in manual user i found: "EX1141: The material has clogged between he cutter and the recording drum". I checked between cutter and drum but there is not any material in this area. I turned off and on the imagesetter and machine turns READY. However, when I try to FEEDING error appears again.

Any sugestion to fix this error wil be wellcome.

[email protected]

Following the logic way:
the machine can recognize material clogged as a result of absence of signals, or steady signal instead of series ON and OFF signals...
Reflective opto-coupler Sensors tell you about a presence of media and can't recognize media movement excluding a case when signals have to change their level after some timing counts.
Motor encoder signals tell you that motor rotates and possible media movement.

Now, coming back to your case: film (after cutting) has to leave the cutter assembly and Cutter Media Presence sensor has to change it's signal level telling the Imagesetter's system - media left that part of machine and the system waits for next signal from another part of machine (according to the internal SW of the imagesetter)
If MP SENSOR did not change it's signal, that means: Sensor is broken or some part/piece of media still covers the hole and a Transmitter's infra-red diode beam reflects from that media and a Receiver (photo-transistor) gets that beam.
Your Screen told you that media did not leave the Cutter assy and possibly clogged, jammed or wedged inside.
You have to check the Cutter Assembly itself (Not the area between Cutter and Drum!), the Cutter Sensor(s) and/or check the beam path.

PS. I've never seen that model in my life, and all my words above came from my FS experience and common sense.
Hope, I showed you way to search.

Last edited:
Vlad Canada... You are a Genius. In order to find for anyother signal I mind unplug the optical sensor an then turned on Screen imagesetter with unpluged sensor. After this action I turned OFF, plug sensor, and turned ON again the machine. Error E21141 was removed from display.

However after about a few jobs, other wrong errors appears now. I think mother board or bios (or both) are defective. What do you think about?

Check contacts at opto-sensor plug, elmartin4!
Loosen wire at pin or something else, but simple.
The best way - use multi-meter to check the sensor signal.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Opto-sensor failure

Opto-sensor failure

You're right again, VladCanada.

Optical sensor wich detects when media film cross the cutter is defective.

Sensor is a Sharp GP2A22.
GP2A22 is hard to find in my country. Do you know any place in Arizona or California or Texas where I can buy this device?
Can you provide me Sharp GP2A22 optical sensor? send me a mail if y U can.

Best regards.
[email protected]