ESKO - Konsberg C64

Currently evaluating the potential purchase of a Esko Kongsberg C64 Edge production cutter looking for any feedback from the professional network on this unit.

Our previous machine was an Esko Kongsberg and it was a work horse, but as we got into more and more routering and we were later into the lifespan of our kongsberg we were having 2 main issues. The first being that the router was underpowered for the amount work we had to do (4-6 hours a day) This might not be an issue for you as it seems like the table your looking at doesn't have a router and if it did I know they have heavier duty options these days. The second that as the machine aged and needed more maintenance it was hard to get a tech to come on short notice and very expensive as they were not local. So this is now something I consider for every machine we are looking into buying. Where is service coming from, if its more than a couple hours drive everyone in my company has to be aware that if we go down and need service we could be down for days/week. Is that something we can live with. Now the number of times this happened with our Esko I can count on one hand but when it was time to upgrade it was one of the main factors that took Esko out of the running.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back