Esko Neo

darnold

Is anyone using Nexus Manager 9.02 with Neo 2.01? If so are you having any problems with opaque inks such as PANTONE 8643, when trying to RIP? I believe this is a Library issue, but Esko setup Library and I am not sure how to get Nexus to see these Metallic opaque colors.

Not sure what you problem is, but you may want to make sure that your Neo and Nexus are using the same librarian, check the neo preferences.

NEO Library pref is correct

NEO Library pref is correct

Rob from Esko was here this week and fixed the problem it was a library problem but not in NEO it was the actual Library server was setup properly by Esko something to do with the way they had the C and CVC pushed to CV Library. It appears to be working now.

We have had a lot of problems with the initial install by Esko. They also had the character limit in Nexus Manager set to 6 characters, which was causing colors to truncate and overwrite each other when ripping 1 bit tif files to the CTP.

This is a new workflow for us and I am trying to find some people to network with on this workflow. I have'nt had much luck with finding folks using this workflow so far.

Any info you may have is appreciated.
By the way what is your overall opinion on NEO so far, and how long have you been using it?

David Arnold
Prepress Technician
Multi Packaging Solutions - Indiana
2020 Production Dr., Indianapolis, IN 46241
Packaging Plant

Dave, there are a ton of nexus users on this board. Joe is a big nexus stud, Im sure you will get his attention if you keep posting.

We have had a lot of problems with the initial install by Esko. They also had the character limit in Nexus Manager set to 6 characters, which was causing colors to truncate and overwrite each other when ripping 1 bit tif files to the CTP.

This is a new workflow for us and I am trying to find some people to network with on this workflow. I have'nt had much luck with finding folks using this workflow so far.

Did they not train you on how to build the workflows and most importantly how to use the naming templates.

Neo seems to be great not used it much as our files come out of ArtPro or Nexus so no need to edit in Neo.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back