Estimating and Reality

gordo

238EstimatingandReality_zpsa2f68a3e.jpg

Reality

Reality

I once worked in an environment where the estimate was completed before anyone had a clue about type of files being submitted, color breaks, etc. How can you estimate a job properly, and not know if it is a 2C, 4C, spot, etc or what needs to be done to make the file ready for production? Amazing. Then scheduling screams when the proof isn't ready in 24 hours. Clueless!

Last edited:
During a contract tenure at a sheeted company the owner's sales method was to undercut everyone to get the work in the door then figure out how to make a profit, an estimate was generally referred to as the % of loss we would incur if the boss went out on the road.

What I think is it totally depends on the quality of estimating software. Producing accurate and quick estimates is a challenge. If you your web2print solution can do quick and accurate estimating for you, you are so lucky. If not then I will suggest you to try myprintcloud PrintMIS. Its estimating module work amazingly and accelerates the production process.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back