Expanded Gamut

hi gordo,
i have few queries regarding cmykogv/cmykogb,
1) firstly what colors we can use for orange green and blue, i mean any specific pantones,which we can standardize for every job,
2) i am a commercial printer and we are swiftly diversifying to packaging also, will it be a good move to go for this format, as i feel it will give a niche choice to the customer and we will have a upper hand to the other competitors.

pls advice,
regards
arshad.

I agree with Gordo, it is not as simple as choosing a color set. You will need to determine which best fits your mix of colors and graphics, what screening technology you are using and ink set. If you have a large amount of colors towards the Blue Gamut you may want to use a Blue, if you have more colors that are Purple/Violet you may want to use Violet.

This is truly not a Plug & Play solution and will take extensive testing as well as making sure you have a stable print platform (Press, Ink, Color Management and Chemistry). Keep in mind there are no Perfect Recipes; either way in order to make this an effective solution you will need to get your customer to buy into "Close Enough" when it comes to Expanded Gamut Color Simulations versus Spot Pantone Colors.

Many Brand Owners are becoming more critical with their Color Matches making Expanded Gamut even more difficult to sell. This is more of an efficiency process for the printer and the Brand Owners may not accept the variance even with your savings. If you can develop a business plan around this process, there are certainly many benefits for the printer, the hard part is getting the buy in from a large portion of your customers. The more customers you have that buy in the more efficient and profitable you become.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back