Experts..is this even possible??

First off, I apologize if this is the wrong section to post in..

Hello good people of print planet! It seems as if a lot of print savvy people are here and hopefully someone can guide me in the right direction because I am more than lost. I am about zero for hundred in finding a solution. So here it is.
I am in the midst of a project I have been developing for the past 6 months and have came across a giant obstacle. I am trying to get multiple colored patterns printed on a shoe lace aglet (The fastening tip at the end of a shoelace) The aglets could be basically any medium (plastic, metal, brass, aluminum) really anything that works for the printer.
Ideally I wanted to print already on a pre rolled aglet (picture below) otherwise if I printed on a sheet and then rolled the aglet i would have to deal with the print rubbing off or cracking. Is there any printer or technique that can handle printing on a small tubular piece such as an aglet?

I seriously do appreciate the thought and time to read this. Thank you!!

Attachments

• aglet.jpg
    aglet.jpg
    955.5 KB · Views: 206
Hey thanks for the reply, I have tried looking at alibaba but the main idea was that the lace I use is plain, just the aglet will be printed with a design. Seems as if the aglet designs on that page depends on the lace.
Thanks you!

Perhaps heatshrink tubing would work here?

Perhaps heatshrink tubing would work here?

Might be easier to print a design on continuous heatshrink tubing and then heat shrink it down to a friction fit onto the aglet.

Hello good people of print planet! It seems as if a lot of print savvy people are here and hopefully someone can guide me in the right direction because I am more than lost. I am about zero for hundred in finding a solution. So here it is.
I am in the midst of a project I have been developing for the past 6 months and have came across a giant obstacle. I am trying to get multiple colored patterns printed on a shoe lace aglet (The fastening tip at the end of a shoelace) The aglets could be basically any medium (plastic, metal, brass, aluminum) really anything that works for the printer.
Ideally I wanted to print already on a pre rolled aglet (picture below) otherwise if I printed on a sheet and then rolled the aglet i would have to deal with the print rubbing off or cracking. Is there any printer or technique that can handle printing on a small tubular piece such as an aglet?

That sounds extremely interesting. Would you happen to know when dealing with that type of material are you limited with design and pattern shapes when printing?
Thank you so much. I got that small glimpse of hope when I read your reply! Thank you David!!

Might be easier to print a design on continuous heatshrink tubing and then heat shrink it down to a friction fit onto the aglet.

Maybe some kind of laser engraving or maybe even ink jet.

I believe that any post-aglet-ized printing would be limited to a single region of contact (think of PVC pipe or electrical wiring). If you're wanting to have the design cover the aglet, I think the material will need to print flat before being cut and applied.

Take a look at the Roland LEF-12. It's an UV inkjet device that will print on all kinds of items. An aglet might be too small, though.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back