Extensis Suitcase Fusion Replacement

willvp2408

Hello,

Was wondering what else is there beside a subscription to extensis for font management for adobe products.
Something that will auto activate when opening a file and not be on subscription basis?

I've had good luck with RightFont. If you're running older Macs (like MacOS 10.x or 11.x) they offer a purchase version for less than half the price of Extensis' old stand-alone product. If you're running later Mac Silicon systems and later versions of MacOS, RightFont's compatible products are slightly more expensive. But all are one-time purchase products.

Licensing is a bit more restrictive (one-license, one machine install only) and there are limitations (no server product, no font repair utilities, issues with resolving duplicate fonts, challenges with subscription fonts, etc.). But it works fine for a small print shop or design operation. I use it myself and have installed it with multiple clients and it's more than up for the job.

Hello,

Was wondering what else is there beside a subscription to extensis for font management for adobe products.
Something that will auto activate when opening a file and not be on subscription basis?
We've used Font Explorer for decades. Literally.
They are closing up shop - no more licenses - and we are very bummed.
I will look at this 'RightFont' and report.
Thanks.

I've had good luck with RightFont. If you're running older Macs (like MacOS 10.x or 11.x) they offer a purchase version for less than half the price of Extensis' old stand-alone product. If you're running later Mac Silicon systems and later versions of MacOS, RightFont's compatible products are slightly more expensive. But all are one-time purchase products.

Licensing is a bit more restrictive (one-license, one machine install only) and there are limitations (no server product, no font repair utilities, issues with resolving duplicate fonts, challenges with subscription fonts, etc.). But it works fine for a small print shop or design operation. I use it myself and have installed it with multiple clients and it's more than up for the job.
Thanks for the info I will check this one out. Extensis emailed me back with a cocky attitude like they were the only program on planet earth that could work with adobe products.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back