Favorite NCR Paper

rwyeth

What is everyone's go to NCR paper brand? I've been using Excel One and am mostly happy with it. It feeds well and works. But, I thought I'd see other papers and ran a case of Superior NCR. I was amazed at how much more resistant it seems to be of marking from a bit of rough handling. I like the stiffer feel; and, it doesn't seem to get wavy edges like the Excel seems to get from the fan-apart adhesive. The only, and kind of big, drawback is it sometimes likes to double feed (a real annoyance when numbering). I'm tempted to try a couple of other brands (Rainbow Max, Giroform), but I'd like to hear other people's experiences.

I used to use superior from Kelly until my local supplier sold me excel for much cheaper. I didn't have any issues with excel but decided to swap to rainbow since it was about 20% cheaper in price. But I realized the rainbow keeps jamming with double feeds. Had canon replace a bunch of parts with no luck so I went back to excel.

I used to use superior from Kelly until my local supplier sold me excel for much cheaper. I didn't have any issues with excel but decided to swap to rainbow since it was about 20% cheaper in price. But I realized the rainbow keeps jamming with double feeds. Had canon replace a bunch of parts with no luck so I went back to excel.
Thank you, that is good to know. It sounds like the one issue I have with the Superior. It feels a bit more toothy which I think causes the white copy to drag in with the yellow. I know on the Konica I could try turning up the air separation; but, I don't know if that is an option on my Xerox.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back