Fiery Command Workstation/Imposition&other on Xerox700i

magnetas

Hey guys,

Did You ever encounter problems with the Fiery Workstation? We got the Fiery server with the machine. Crashes on Windows all the time, we tried out all updates until the 6, same problem. Especially the Imposition. Puts the crop marks wherever it wants, makes a gutter whatever it thinks it is right for itself, not the one you do.
There are two documents in the imposition on one SRA3, the size of the documents is different, but it has the same amount of bleed: the crop marks are far outside the right place. And it crashes all the time.

There is one more annoying thing: the transparency. Even if you will put a vector object, it will print with a slightly transparent square around it, like around a transparent object. There is also a problem with the rip, I guess. Must export the artwork as *tiff to get the right print, which is not so right with colors anymore - it is not the pdf you produced. So we cannot print pdf's with transparent objects or vector objects, like logos on backgrounds.

Does somebody had these kind of problems?..

nope, this isn't helping. i have still a problem with any transparent objects or vectors.
photo 2.JPG

could do it. but if i use the machine without command workstation, i do not have the settings and all of the stuff command workstation has: and we need them. especially when working with a finisher connected to the machine.
i guess it is a problem with the rip itself.
you didn't have any problems like that? thank you!:)

If your problems with Command Workstation are that bad, you may need to uninstall and reinstall making sure your workstation is functioning well and hard drive space is adequate.
Transparency issues you're having are common. Some of the solutions are get the latest service packs for your machine installed; pre-flight your PDFs before you send the file to the RIP (in my case the RIP does not have APPE which is usually available when you buy the standalone instead of the bolt on version of the Fiery RIP and this apparently helps with trannies). I use Adobe Acrobat to pre-flight using its tools (transparency flattener, colour conversion), Quite Imposing for Booklets, n-up, step and repeat, page re-sizing; Enfocus Pit Stop Pro for colour fixing and management.

The Fiery and the imposition should be fine, its the way the file has been setup causing your issues I would think. How was the PDF created, Indesign, Quark ??? Did they export it out as a PDF or try and distill a ps file. I would have a look at the original file first.

AjR

sending the whole rip to the representatives, will get it back on monday, will see what happens.:)
tried out the rhimposition - thanx! a simple and interesting tool:)
will post, maybe will find a solution, so we can share it.

Turn on a CMYK profile in the Fiery Color Management tab.
This forces all the elements in the file into the same color space/profile.
and Turn off Spot color management.
This works whenever I get the "transparency frames" around transparent elements.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back