Fiery Hot Folders: accessing over network

Stickman42

We had an Iridesse installed a few months ago. I'm trying to use Fiery Hot folders for the first time. I can create the hot folders the way I like them to be on the Fiery. However, I cannot seem to access them over my local network. I enable Windows sharing of the hot folder itself, I can see the folder from other PCs, but any attempt to drop a file in from any PC other than the Fiery gives a "Destination Folder Access Denied" error. Seems like a permissions thing maybe? Any ideas are appreciated.

I think you need to setup the Hot Folder on the Client. That is the way I have it figured on our Mac clients.

I had a similar issue, so i created Short Cuts of all of the folders inside the main hot folder, then cut-paste the Short Cuts to a folder on my desktop. Worked for me, so ...

I've had luck setting it up on a client to have the hot folders. And this way, if you get to the point of ever replacing your Fiery with an upgrade, you will only have to update the one client with the hot folders and not all your other clients. Works like a charm. I even have some automation happening, so it's even better to have only one client to update.

Our automation is based off of Kodak's RBA. So I have some rules that take the PDFs after they are refined, and then send them to a VM workstation that has the Fiery Hot Folder software installed and setup on. This way the automation that was built in RBA does not have to be adjusted when ever the Fiery server changes, I only have to update the Fiery Hot Folder software on the workstation. Which I've had to do a couple of times over the years.

A little more detail on the RBAs. We have a type of job we do multiple times a year, and the RBA automatically will create the job (based off the PDF file name), refine the PDFs, place them into an offset IMPO layout, print B&W laser single pages of the PDFs and scaled B&W laser of the IMPO layout.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back