File too large to print

ViewWise

Hi guys,

Bit of an amatuer question since im now to this. I bought a large format printer to print banners for my own companies.

Been happily printing straight from photoshop/corel with no issues for a few months.

Using a Hp designjet 5500ps connected straight to the network via ethernet.

Today i urgently need to print a 17 metre banner and i designed it in photoshop but have obviously gone over windows 30000 pixel print limit.

Whats the easiest/fastest way i can print this tonight/tomorrow? Im very confused with the whole RIP option!

Thanks

Alfie

You're correct in the fact that the OS will not support printing larger items. It sounds like you currently have the printer connected directly to the network which poses a problem if you're trying to print large files. Most software will not support such sizes (even photoshop as you've discovered) and needs to be printed using a more sophisticated RIP. You need to purchase either a software or hardware RIP that supports your printer otherwise you'll be bound by the max size of your current software package.

unfortunately its an image which cant be converted to a vector :(. I tried Qimage but couldnt get it to read the file.

snippety snip-

Today i urgently need to print a 17 metre banner and i designed it in photoshop but have obviously gone over windows 30000 pixel print limit.

Alfie

Can someone please explain the 30000 pixel print limit please?
If I have a 640 pixel by 480 pixel image it contains 307200 pixels, but prints fine.
I am obviously not understanding the problem - my apologies.

All Photoshops from CS3 and down have a 30000 pixel limitation. CS4 and CS5 both have a 300000 pixel limitation.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back