OMG its huge!

ViewWise

Thought id say hi!

Just bought my first large format printer and remembered this place from when i had some issues with some leaflets printing last year.

Its a Hp Designjet 5500ps :D

I know alot of you guys on here are pros so hopefully ill pick up stuff soon. Not really looking into making any money out of it yet. Bought it to print some banners and canvas i needed done.

Im only 22 and have never used one of these printers before so sorry in advance if i ask some stupid questions!

My first issue is INK. My cyan is very low. Whats the general opinion of using 'out of date' ink dated 2008/2009? Its like 1/3 of the price and usually id avoid anything out of date but im still a student. Dont want to cause any issues with the printer though so will fork out if i have to!

Thanks in advance guys,

Alfie.

Last edited:
since I got my Designjet 5000 I just buy expired inks unless they are not avilable. and i have being with just 1 printhead crash but cost me only 1 buck (expired on 2002) bought on 2010. and priint 100 ml before crash.

As a side note, don't buy or use expired cartridges. As they expire they lose their factory pressure and sometimes leak, which can be annoying (impossible) to clean up, especially if it's on the inside of your printer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back