final choice---KM C7000

hitye

KM7000 with SD506 RU509 and PF602, IC306 fiery and other parts...
but don't know why C7000 need two separate 15A and 32A power...I have to ask my electrician to add a separate 32A power... the cost may very high...

What was the deciding factors?

KM7000 and RICOH 751ex
Printing speed and quality almost same
Both can print duplex 300gsm paper, but ricoh datasheet said it can only print 256 gsm duplex, although ricoh rep told me it really can do 300gsm and I also test that with no problem.
For front to back Rigistration, ricoh is better than Konica, but we are just a digital shop, so Konica is ok to us.
For finishing part, SD506 is really stronger than ricoh's booklet finisher. It can improve our productivity.
Both have a de-curlling part, ricoh has a water cooling system which Konica does not have.
Konica's fiery IC306 is better than ricoh.

In the beginning, km 7000 price is much higher than ricoh c751ex, so I thought ricoh would be my final choice.
But Finnaly the cost of these two machine are almost same(both include booklet maker and trimmer), printing cost are just same. I think Konica and ricoh rep both try their best to match my request price.

So finally I choose Konica as I like Sd506 too much. I hope this will be a wise decision.

Thank you ,
I am still deciding between the 651 and 6000, basically the same machines as you. The big difference for me is speed, the KM slows down in 3 steps, the Ricoh only has 1 drop in speed. When I looked at that and started figuring the time to run jobs (time is money) the Ricoh looks much better as it is almost twice as fast on stock over 140gsm.
I thought the KM has the edge on quality although not by much and the SD506 is a better booklet make as well. The rips are too close too call and they match up well on click charges. The registration on both machines was good but KM has a problem with skewing on the sheet, they say they can fix it but couldn't in the demo and it appears to be the same problem on my old KM 500. I happen to know our local Ricoh techs and they are good, so that is a plus for Ricoh to me.

I am still undecided, I am familiar with KM and a bit scared to gamble on Ricoh and a new product but I keep coming back to the speed, my KM 500 slows to a crawl on coated material.

Ricoh 751 vs km 7000

Ricoh 751 vs km 7000

I too have a KM and have skewing problems. Service has never been able to fix or answer why.
Worried about taking chance on Ricoh 751. Faster on card stock but lower fuser temps. Have not had clients complain about coming off in their lazer printers when running through. This new ricoh could cause problems due to fusing. anybody have this machine installed yet?

The skewing thing really bothers me and I do not believe they can fix it (currently). To my knowledge all of the newer machines are dropping fuser temps so you may have to get used to that. For me it's not a problem as I have alternatives to toner for running Letter Head and to be honest we don’t run that much. I have gambled on the Ricoh and am supposed to have it installed next week.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back