Financial Times "Salmon Stock"

Jnsic

How can we do color corrections to compensate for the pink color of this stock? We proof through GMG color management directly on the stock itself. Just wondering if any of you have the same problem with color corrections on this.

What profile/target data are you using to proof toward? Ideally you would have a profile generated from a target printed on that stock. Alternately, you could edit the white point of the ICC profile you use when editing toward a more "salmon" white and turn on "simlate paper" in PShop when editing.

I needed our color guy here to take a reading on the salmon stock to generate a profile in photoshop, and even Illustrator..so we can have somewhat predictable results..he hasn't gotten to it yet. I was trying to find the lab values of the stock online somewhere..but can't find them

I supply loads of ads to the FT, we use an ISO profile 'ISOnewspaper26v4' for separation and use a Colorbus proofing system as do the FT, although that will change soon.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back