finishes

xmoles

I would like to open a topic that I have been thinking about for a long time on how to control.

We print a lot of publications with matt or glossy plastic finishes and on many occasions we find substantial changes in colour with respect to the colour proof. It should be said that if necessary I resort to creating colour proofs with simulations of gloss or matt finishes but it does not seem to be 100% reliable as I understand that these profiles are very generic and as far as I can see the opacity of the plastic and the tone have a great impact.

Do any of you have any experience in similar cases?

I find depending on the colour itself the amount of colour shift can vary. Most colours are negligable.

To be honest it's not something I bother accounting for on a general basis.
With matt lamination I find the viewing angle alone can shift the colour, which to be fair most clients realise themselves as they analyse it in different lights.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back