First Goof? Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens Teaser

gordo

I'm not a big Star Wars fan, however I was surprised to see what seems to be a real goof (disappearing light saber thingy) in the first Star Wars: Episode VII teaser especially considering that fans will be scrutinizing every detail of the video.

First it's there, firmly attached to the flying thingy then poof! - in the next shot it has disappeared.

Goof_zps0a778fe5.jpg

Last edited:
Gordo,

I think that you are failing to take the following points into account:

1) The first frame is clearly a three quarter left hand side view, while the second frame is a left hand view

2) As you are not a big fan of the franchise, you shall of course be forgiven in your ignorance that when the force awakens it has a major effect on continuity

3) The limited budget for such a film

Stephen Marsh

Gordo,

I think that you are failing to take the following points into account:

1) The first frame is clearly a three quarter left hand side view, while the second frame is a left hand view

2) As you are not a big fan of the franchise, you shall of course be forgiven in your ignorance that when the force awakens it has a major effect on continuity

3) The limited budget for such a film

Stephen Marsh

You are, of course, absolutely right. But now I'm even more upset to discover that this teaser isn't even original - it's a blatant rip off of a Lego movie trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpfWrh1scZU

I know that Hollywood UK isn't known for its originality - but this is well beyond the pale.

George Lucas must be rolling in his <strike>dough</strike> grave.

There are other discrepancies - goggles are off in the first shot, but on in the second. Also, the scarf is wrapped differently in each.

The movie isn't even due out til next December (I think they should wait until the following May 4 so they can say "May the fourth be with you!") - these are probably rough edits just to give a feel for the movie and generate some excitement. Who knows what will actually make it to the final cut.

Being a child of the 70s-80s, I am a fan of the original trilogy. The 3 more recent ones, however, sucked. The new trailer looks like it might retain more of the look and feel of the original, which would be a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Has it occurred to anyone else that the ships are performing maneuvers that it has been made clear are not possible for them in a planet's atmosphere?! I'm already upset that Disney now only considers what is in the 6 films cannon considering how badly Episodes I-III lacked in the story department and that my favorite characters are from the novels.

Has it occurred to anyone else that the ships are performing maneuvers that it has been made clear are not possible for them in a planet's atmosphere?!

It's Jj Abrams! He had the Enterprise built on land and also had it hiding under an ocean. He'll not let anything get in the way of an impressive visual - not even pesky lens flares.

So Gordo, what does Star Wars and press waste sheets have in common ? In the '70's I worked for Gore Graphics in LA. We printed all the posters (referred to in the trade as 1-sheets) for 20th Century and other studio's. I was the pressroom foreman and every couple of weeks we would take all the waste sheets and split them up between the pressman, feeders and floor boys. Needless to say that almost 40 years later those press sheets (waste ?) are worth a small fortune. I still have hundreds of posters including Star Wars, Alien, Close Encounter and many others rolled up in blanket tubes building interest in my garage. If I'm still alive in 2027 when Star Wars turns 50 maybe they will bring my grandchildren, maybe even great grandchildren a grub stake !

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back