Flight Check folder script

Chasfinch

Anyone out there have an anything to help me automate FLightcheck. I have used automation in to script a file open when dropped into a folder but I cannot seem to get it to print automatically, if I run the Print script in the automation its fine. Yes I am new to scripting and autmoation

No Title

Hello Mellowyellow,

I am not sure what you wan to achieve here. You want to Print the File but your Post is called "Flight Check".

If you want to Preflight a PDF then Adobe Acrobat will allow you to save any Preflight (custom or default) as a Droplet App. (You can see the screen shot of the Preflight menu in Acrobat.

If you want to print, thats a different matter. Which App will be doing the printing? Acrobat? InDesign?

Cheers

Tim

Attachments

• photo5936.jpg
    photo5936.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 174
Hello Mellowyellow,

I am not sure what you wan to achieve here. You want to Print the File but your Post is called "Flight Check".

If you want to Preflight a PDF then Adobe Acrobat will allow you to save any Preflight (custom or default) as a Droplet App. (You can see the screen shot of the Preflight menu in Acrobat.

If you want to print, thats a different matter. Which App will be doing the printing? Acrobat? InDesign?

Cheers

Tim

thanks
I was looking to save the report out of flightcheck so to somewhat automate some of your preflights. But acrobat for some basics maybe the way to go like fonts links colors...

Hello Mellow yellow,

I'm away from my Mac at the moment so I can't be specific. One way to script automation is to use System Events on your Mac. It's crazy dangerous so you need to take care.

Basically you are going to send a set of keyboard strokes to the app of your choice. But if you get an unexpected dialogue box open up from another app then everything will go horribly wrong very quickly as the keyboard strokes go to whichever app is in focus on your Mac at the time..

Have a look at...

https://en.m.wikibooks.org/wiki/AppleScript_Programming/System_Events

You can yes this approach to call up Command +P.

# My advice is to use a "delay 2.0" (that's two seconds) between each instruction in case your Mac takes a while to process each instruction.

# Secondly don't leave your Mac unattended until you are confident that the script is working ok.

# Keep your script short and simple.

​​​​​​
# Finally, don't try to multi task when the script is running .

You can use System Events in AppleScript or in a AppleScript routine inside inside an Automator Workflow.

Let us know how you get on.

Hello Mellow yellow,

I'm away from my Mac at the moment so I can't be specific. One way to script automation is to use System Events on your Mac. It's crazy dangerous so you need to take care.

Basically you are going to send a set of keyboard strokes to the app of your choice. But if you get an unexpected dialogue box open up from another app then everything will go horribly wrong very quickly as the keyboard strokes go to whichever app is in focus on your Mac at the time..

Have a look at...

https://en.m.wikibooks.org/wiki/AppleScript_Programming/System_Events

You can yes this approach to call up Command +P.

# My advice is to use a "delay 2.0" (that's two seconds) between each instruction in case your Mac takes a while to process each instruction.

# Secondly don't leave your Mac unattended until you are confident that the script is working ok.

# Keep your script short and simple.

​​​​​​
# Finally, don't try to multi task when the script is running .

You can use System Events in AppleScript or in a AppleScript routine inside inside an Automator Workflow.

Let us know how you get on.

I was playing with the automater and I kind of got it to work. It would stop between flight check running the file and saving/printing the report.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back