Foil stamping equipment

Stickman42

Hello - We may need to bring foil stamping in house to provide a client with a 1" x 4" area of scratch off foil onto 10 pt. C2S on print runs that range from 100 to multiple thousands. Knowing almost nothing about foil equipment, I thought I'd ask for recommendations here. Any suggestions are appreciated.

There are multiple ways to produce scratch off. There are inks and coatings that are usually applied via screen printing. Hot foil stamping is a MAJOR endeavor to taken on and requires a lot of expertise to run.

There are multiple ways to produce scratch off. There are inks and coatings that are usually applied via screen printing. Hot foil stamping is a MAJOR endeavor to taken on and requires a lot of expertise to run.
I was afraid that this would be the case. Since we are an all-digital shop, can you point me towards any screen print resource that would be worthwhile?

i use stickers and i apply them using a wafer seal machine. Kirkrudy has one, buskro has a tabbed too. you case buy these stickers cheap and apply them to digital prints. you can even use a small desktop tabbed to start with low volume.
[h=3]Scratch-Off[/h]
http://www.traytag.com/mailing-products/specialty-labels/

If you still need to do foil stamping, the best machine is Kluge. I have one for sale. I own 5 of them. They run for ever. a quick web search will show you that they machines run for 50 60 years with just minor repairs and lubrication. Mine is a recent one with all of the safety / OSHA guards on it and auto breaking system.

I have been supplying this work to our client using the scratch-off stickers. However, thanks to a bad batch that wouldn't scratch off, the client is now insisting on foil. Thanks edcopublish for the pointer towards Kluge. My local supplier runs them too. I would love to just give this work over to him, but turnaround time does not allow that.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back