Folder Mapping

pworks

We just switched our Server/Nexus RIP PC to a New Mac Pro Server/Rip 10.1
In our Artpro applications, under picture menu, folder mapping, we used to have F:Jobs Raid1:Jobs to tell apps to look for links there.
Now we have a Mac Server/Nexus rip and I do not know how to direct applications to go here for links.
Anyone running a Mac for their server and Nexus RIP?
What is in your folder mapping?
Thank you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-29 at 3.05.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-29 at 3.05.08 PM.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 190
Hiya-
I have no experience with a Nexus RIP. We run a Rampage RIP, and when we migrated from a Windows NT server to a Mac OS server, permissions were a pretty big deal, until we figured it out. The documentation is next to worthless; it takes some research, then lots of fiddling. Dunno if this is your problem, but I quickly learned that if you want things to work smoothly with Mac OS server, particularly in a cross-platform environment, keen permission management is a must. I think I have about 8 percent less hair because of this migration. But it's worth it, if you're into easy automation.

The Nexus RIP is running on a Windows box? If so, the Nexus RIP PC is likely accessing your Mac Server via SMB. Check your Oplocks in the SMB config page. Also make sure you have proper ACLs configured for any Mac clients.

Beyond that, I'd prolly need more about how the Nexus RIP works. How it accesses the server.

I also have no experience with a Nexus Rip, but can only assume you have tried the obvious - click the add button, see if it will let you navigate to the location (you would have to set one up if the Nexus install hasn't done it) where you want these files? Permissions may well come into it, but I would not be surprised if the Nexus install didn't take care of that? Or maybe not.

We just switched our Server/Nexus RIP PC to a New Mac Pro Server/Rip 10.1
In our Artpro applications, under picture menu, folder mapping, we used to have F:Jobs Raid1:Jobs to tell apps to look for links there.
Now we have a Mac Server/Nexus rip and I do not know how to direct applications to go here for links.
Anyone running a Mac for their server and Nexus RIP?
What is in your folder mapping?
Thank you.

You don't need folder mappings.The Folder mapping is only when the mount points are different for clients vs RIP.

When you mount a volume on the client.. "Jobs" it will mount the volume on your mac as /Volumes/Jobs/
When you mount the volume on the Mac Rip it does the same thing..

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back