Foliant Laminator

mohannad64

Hello;

I am a service engineer for printing and finishing equipment, our company is located at Amman, Jordan.

we are thinking of distributing Foliant laminators in Jordan, but we have none of them here.

what are your opinions of it, are they reliable, how good is their output, and most importantly how effective (at high speed) is their heating systems (IR spiral based)?

thank you in advance, and sorry for the long post;

We use Foliant and GBC. The Foliant seems to offer a good value, but is much more hands on. It's simpler, and probably easier to fix, but seems to have more trouble as well. It doesn't feed as cleanly and doesn't stack as neatly, so expect the operator to spend more time with the machine and realize that the operator has to devote his full attention to the process.

Don't ever sell or carry the slitter accessory. If you get a slitter packaged with the perf wheel, throw it away before your customer sees it.

I'm not entirely sure. We use it with fairly thick stock that has some challenging characteristics, so we end up running hot and slow all the time.

I do know that it becomes more challenging to operate at higher speed. When you crank it up, previously minor feeding or bursting issues can suddenly become very difficult to deal with.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back