Font Management

lostmind

Looked at a previous thread but didn't find a conclusion. I Googled what people were using as a replacement for Font Explorer and most were designers that only use a few fonts whereas us in Prepress using many. Has there been a consensus of opinion on which is better? I'm finally planning on having to move to a 64-bit mac and didn't realize that Font Explorer was discontinued and I'd have to find a suitable replacement....

Looked at a previous thread but didn't find a conclusion. I Googled what people were using as a replacement for Font Explorer and most were designers that only use a few fonts whereas us in Prepress using many. Has there been a consensus of opinion on which is better? I'm finally planning on having to move to a 64-bit mac and didn't realize that Font Explorer was discontinued and I'd have to find a suitable replacement....

We have moved to Connect Fonts by Extensis...kinda a newer version of Suitcase from the old days.

Not perfect but it works.

Using RightFont.
1. Working Ok for now with our library of 20k+.
2. Managing conflicts is easy enough.
3. Regular updates.
4. Interface is a little different but usable once you get the hang of it.
5. Price is right.

RightFont and Typeface both seem like good replacements. Slightly different interface/workflow. Not as feature-rich as FontExplorer but not as bloated either. And both allow libraries to live in dropbox or anywhere so it's easy to sync two machines libraries, something FontExplorer didn't like.

RightFont and Typeface both seem like good replacements. Slightly different interface/workflow. Not as feature-rich as FontExplorer but not as bloated either. And both allow libraries to live in dropbox or anywhere so it's easy to sync two machines libraries, something FontExplorer didn't like.
Tried Typeface. Hmmmmm.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back