Fonts handling in MAC

arkay_desai

Hi All,

How you guys are handling fonts in MAC System. My system is giving problem with many fonts installed. Please let me know if there is any software to handle only required fonts automatically?

Present practice is copying fonts in fonts folder.
I am using PowerMAC system with MAC OS 10.5

Thanks,
Arkay

Present practice is copying fonts in fonts folder.
I am using PowerMAC system with MAC OS 10.5

Thanks,
Arkay

Well never do that, this wil fuckup your system in the long run, there are sotwares who can help you handel fonts.
We use FontExplorer X Pro from Linotype, is doing what it should do and more. We dont use the autoactivation setting but it is possible.

If you copy the fonts into the user fonts folder and not the system fonts folder, it works pretty well.
I have a font folder for each job that I use and copy those fonts into the user fonts folder when I need it and then delete it after I am done. This works pretty smooth.
Once in a while I have an issue with fonts and it may require me to use font nuke or restart the machine.
I have been doing this for a few years now and have had no major issues and it doesn't cost me anything.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back