form roller presstek 34di

Daneil

He agian

i have read about formrollers on different places, some said the 4 roller should be tigthet to plate som said the first, how should it be, i have 3 mm on all form rollers.

then i wonder if wen i adjust the rollers to plate , should i look on the edge on the plate or hole line should been seen on the plate, i seems that wen i adjust the rollers to 3 mm on the edge i cant se the strip in the middle, how should it be.

thanks

Re: form roller presstek 34di

Daneil,

On a normal offset printing press not a DI when you install a fresh form roller the stripe should be EVEN all the way across the plate surface and also to the oscillator roller.
If your rollers are old or have accumulated dried ink on the edges it may make the rollers flare on the ends and not allow an even stripe to the plate and other rollers. Excess pressure to oscillator roller over time will grind the edges faster etc. It is important to keep the edges clean on all rollers of dried ink because over time it will cause you problems.
You must also consider the chemicals used to clean the rollers, and the type of pigment in the ink and many other factors. I would suggest you call your local Ptek rep and have him help you.
Best of Luck
OG

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back