Duplo 505 Paper Folder Feed Roller Issue looking for help

WeberPrinting

I have a Duplo 505 Table Top Folder Friction Fed. It's in really new condition and doesn't show any signs of wear or use on any of the rollers. There are 3 rubber feed rollers that drive the paper into the folder. The one Roller on the non-operator side doesn't have any tension on lighter weight stocks and so the stock feeds skewed and wrinkles. I removed the roller shaft and used a caliper to verify that all 3 rollers are the same diameter and again show no signs of wear or shrinking. I am seeking a way to increase the tension of the feed rollers on the non-operator side of the folder. I was hoping to raise the lower feed plate that the rollers drive against, but after disassembling it, there is no eccentric bearings or slotted hole to bring the tension onto the stock the same on all 3 rollers. Hoping someone on this forum may have owned something similar and my have some insights how to improve this as I cannot find any possible adjustment to improve it. I am including some pictures and breakdown.

Attachments

• DUPLO FOLDER DISASSEMBLY.jpg
    DUPLO FOLDER DISASSEMBLY.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 98
  • DUPLO FOLDER DISASSEMBLY2.jpg
    DUPLO FOLDER DISASSEMBLY2.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 96
  • DUPLO FOLDER DISASSEMBLY3.jpg
    DUPLO FOLDER DISASSEMBLY3.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 94

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back