Free-Dumb

gordo

585 Free-Dumb.jpg

Reminds me of the days when people would come in with store bought cards to be imprinted around Christmas time. Cards had to be unfolded, had glitter all over them . . . Or other supplied stock that looked like it had been stored in a moldy basement for 10 years. They'd be offended when they didn't receive a discount for supplying their own paper.

Not sure if they still do or not, but Vista Print used to offer 'free' business cards. They were gang-run printed on a cheap stock and had Vista Print advertising on the back. You were advertising for them every time you handed out a card...pretty awesome strategy actually!

When I worked for a small shop, we had a customer come in asking for free business cards 'because Vista Print does it.' I asked her why she didn't just go with them. She said the quality was terrible and she couldn't get ahold of anyone on the phone. :unsure: "Well ma'am... look how easy it is to talk to a person here! And we do high quality printing." ....She still wanted it for free. :rolleyes:

Very few people understand the price of "free". And all of the ramifications. It's due to ignorance, stupidity, or cupidity... or a combination of all three traits.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back