free imposition??

RafalWM

I'm looking for something really basic (and free if possible), that could help me with simple imposition tasks.
For example a stand-alone program that I could just throw in some business cards in a pdf format and print them out quickly.
I'm asking about this because I don't want to bother my designers with simple jobs that some clients bring in.
I know an indesign addon would be perfect, but I just don't have the money to get another license at the moment.

It's not free, but it is a stand alone program! Callas pdfToolbox can run as a stand alone application (Mac or Windows) or as a plug-in to Acrobat Pro. If you're looking to impose business cards it may just be the trick for you! Not to mention you can preflight and correct the PDF's too...

You don't need any addons . . . . just place them in indesign and then use the numberic controls and step and repeat function as needed .. . . been doing it that way for years - cheep and easy

You don't need any addons . . . . just place them in indesign and then use the numberic controls and step and repeat function as needed .. . . been doing it that way for years - cheep and easy

I could do this, but I would rather not buy an extra license at this moment. I plan on getting a complete cs3 or cs4 package, but in about half a year. This week I'm getting a used machine (for cash) on an FSMA contract and I really need to watch my spendings.

We use this product:
CutePDF - Create PDF for free, Save PDF Forms, Edit PDF easily;.

Not free but at $49.95 is very inexpensive -- it does a lot of stuff, but mostly we use it for imposition. We got started with it quite some time back. Don't have so much need for it now but it could certainly do what you are needing.

Judy

oh, this looks pretty good :) I'll look into it if we don't find a free solution. $49.9 is a pretty good price for this kind of software.

You can handle all your impositions with our solution, Absolutely Imposing.
At $295, it will let you do it all. + you can pay in 3 installments.

Contact me for a FREE demo.
raymond @ imposition.com

Ray Duval
Ultimate Technographics
www. imposition.com

fitplot5.png FitPlot
It's a cheap ($18.99) app to layout PDFs to send to wide format printers, only for mac users.

It has an easy imposition tool together with many other features such as packing / nesting, pagination, last minute photo retouching, duplications, resizing, trimming and many other features useful for prepress PDFs and all kind of images.
There is a demo version named FitPlot free, also on the Mac App Store
The imposition feature is demoed here.

To know more...
the link to FitPlot is: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fitplot/id507242938?mt=12&ign-mpt=uo=4
the link to FitPlot free is: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fitplot-free/id529230978?mt=12
the link to the official site is: FitPlot: Home

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back