free unlimited cloud storage service?

CloudBacko seems like an interesting option. It combines multiple free cloud file sync services to give you "unlimited" space. The only downside to it is that you may be violating TOS agreements using the services this way, and at any point they could disable your account. Losing your backups in the process.

Crashplan, Carbonite, and Backblaze all offer unlimited backup plans for very cheap. The $5 a month is more than worth it to have a little assurance that I can actually recover my backups.

Cloud backup is still pretty new. And there's no telling if the business plans can survive larger and larger backups from users on their unlimited plans. So even if you're using one of the paid services, I would suggest you backup to at least more than one location (either on-site, or a second cloud backup).

My friend has been using Carbonite for years and swears by it (small catering business owner, takes hundreds of photos a month). $60/year, or the price of dinner out. A great deal.

Carbonite is rock solid. Our bill isn't anywhere as low as $60 a year but then again we have an array backing up that is multiple terabytes. They also support SQL and other db backups which is very nice. We did the financial analysis on a lot of solutions including our own colocation.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back