From Amazon to Print Sales

gordo

555 From Amazon to Print Sales.jpg

Not quite there yet, but it's coming.
Side note; I've looked at the Vista Print site a couple times, just out of curiosity. I wouldn't know how to order anything from them. I have over 40 years in this business and they use terminology that's completely foreign to me. Paper described as 'Standard' or 'Premium'. WTF is that supposed to mean?!
And then a previous Vista Print customer will go to a regular printer and request 'Premium' paper. And the printer will ask; 'WTF is that supposed to mean?'
Makes one wonder how many of the suits at Vista Print have ever worked at a print shop.
Oh yeah. Closer to topic (Gord's weekly commentary), Vista Print has a 'recommended' quantity. A person completely alien to their site who has never ordered a thing from them (me) is given a 'recommended' quantity. Makes one wonder what info they base their recommendation on. Just like the woman in Gord's musing. Maybe Gord is a closet Vista Print customer, heh,heh.

I wouldn't know how to order anything from them. I have over 40 years in this business and they use terminology that's completely foreign to me. Paper described as 'Standard' or 'Premium'. WTF is that supposed to mean?!

Sorry, you're overqualified to be a print buyer, but we'll keep your résumé for the humor section of our monthly employee newsletter.
The difference between 'Standard' and 'Premium' paper is obviously - the price.
LOL

Sounds like they're geared towards people who have never ordered print before, all the while steering them towards the most profitable kinds of orders.

Not quite there yet, but it's coming.
Side note; I've looked at the Vista Print site a couple times, just out of curiosity. I wouldn't know how to order anything from them. I have over 40 years in this business and they use terminology that's completely foreign to me. Paper described as 'Standard' or 'Premium'. WTF is that supposed to mean?!
And then a previous Vista Print customer will go to a regular printer and request 'Premium' paper. And the printer will ask; 'WTF is that supposed to mean?'
I mean, tbh most customers don't understand the different paper options anyways (wth is 14pt vs 16pt) so reducing the options to "standard" and "premium" reduces the number of choices the customer has to make. In a web store the fewer number of clicks/choices, the more likely the customer is to complete checkout. Also, if the customer gets the "wrong" paper then they'll not notice the difference unless they've ordered before.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back