fuji celix 8000 imagesetter healp wanted

saheb

Hello every one
we get offer about fuji celix 8000 imagesetter online processor and its look in very healthy condition ,so any one can give me a hint about this machine? what its most important problems? its film is still available in market now? is it economic machine? and whats point we must consider before buy this imagesetter????

thanks for all in print planet

Re: fuji celix 8000 imagesetter healp wanted

If someone would have asked this question 8-10 years ago, I could've said 'go for it', but today it's not a good choice because:

1. it's a blue argon laser machine, you must be completely sure that argon laser film is available to you at all times;
2. This machine needs an experienced service engineer every week or so. This is a very fussy imagesetter, a lot of automation inside and servos and pulleys and vacuum solenoids etc., so many things to go wrong I've had a hard time servicing these machines.
3. If you still want to purchase a C8000 you'd better have a second similar machine available for parts because spares are NO LONGER available, Fuji has discontinued support since 1999 or so. Especially PCBs are hard to get, there are still a few in the UK who keep in stock some parts but at a huge price, e.g. expect to pay up to X000 euros for one of the main system boards. And they do fail.
4. One of the boards inside (the ASDM) has a custom-formatted obsolete 50-pin 200 MB SCSI harddisk inside impossible to replace these days, it's used to bufer the incoming files from the RIP. It's a specific fujitsu drive that was hard to find back in 1995...
5. The C8000 requires either a harlequin Fuji RIP - quite old, or a CelebraNT machine with differential scsi. In both cases you'll get Postscript level 2 capability, or first implementations of PS-L.3 at most. No chance to get an up-to-date RIP.
The quality it gives on film is very good, the optics base is fabulous, better than any avantra. Its brother Celix-4000 used to be the best in class, very good exposure quality. But the rather slow 8000 is difficult to support in field.

Hope it helps.

Not quite true about the up to date RIP, Xitron have a current RIP or a raster tiff input solution, which means it can connect to most workflows

dear maxon
many thanks for the good informations you told to me,i am thankfull for you.
but also I want to know about its laser system ,how i can check its laser system condition? how i can know its laser system life or working hours,is that possible?

regards

Babylon

Dear RH
Thank you for your hint

regards

Babylon

An authorised field service engineer can enter the diagnostics - on-screen, password-protected - and obtain the parameters listing from the machine including total time/hours of use since it left the factory etc. It's all in the NVRAM parameters statistics.
There are several ways to test/evaluate the actual laser output, either by directly measuring it with a powermeter, or observing the total Amps reported on the MMI console while setting up patches used for laser calibration, it tells for every intensity value which is the laser load in Amps etc.
As I said before, if you want to install such a machine you need to count on a good field technician.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back