Fuji Plate Availability - What About Other Vendors?

jlamb30

Fuji is dealing with a serious shortage of US plates, as it's closing US manufacturing and also dealing with aluminum availability. Manufacturing in EU and Asia and shipping here? That's another disaster with the current shipping landscape. Looks like we're getting the last two boxes of my particular plates in the country.

Are other manufacturers dealing with the same issues. This may be leading us to look at other plate manufacturers. (processless).

Thanks!

Fuji is dealing with a serious shortage of US plates, as it's closing US manufacturing and also dealing with aluminum availability. Manufacturing in EU and Asia and shipping here? That's another disaster with the current shipping landscape. Looks like we're getting the last two boxes of my particular plates in the country.

Are other manufacturers dealing with the same issues. This may be leading us to look at other plate manufacturers. (processless).

Thanks!
I have heard from few printers who are experiencing the same thing. They Found it beneficial to buy from another manufacturer in addition to their current to supplement their demand.
All manufacturers are trying to slim up their plate product lines for efficiencies.
discontinuing or postponing less sustainable/ profitable plate technologies.
Kodak has a plant in the US. Columbus, Georgia. They are the only manufacturer that started in the US and will stay in in the US and they continue to invest in aluminum, They are focusing on their Sonora process free line of plates now.

We use the Fuji ZX series now because of that issue. Plant closing down south and now we get these from Japan or China shipped in. Haven't had any problems getting them but don't exactly go through a ton right now anyway... Hope all this production/supply chain crap straightens itself out soon but I hear otherwise..

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back